stay - poem

>> 8.19.2009



Eyes glazed over gazes on the ground
The stench of loneliness has overwhelmed
The smell of fear a long time ago.
And the wings of silver tipped butterflies fill the empty pages
with empty dreams, and breathing lies.

Echoes of mocking words invade the privacy of my thoughts
And I scream, but like the tree in the forest no one hears
No one ever hears, because I am in a crowd of one.
Me, myself and ……I am alone.

I contemplate it one more time, as time hangs in the balance,
a selfish end to an unlived life?
I imagine family and friends weeping
Crying to God for the answer
I too have searched for that answer, still searching….
“God?”
I inhale the bittersweet breathe of life



Sparkling diamonds litter the floor
And in amazement I pick one up
Brokenness has never looked so true
Lost in the shattered shards of beauty,

Surrounded by rainbows,
One tear escapes me,
The pain envelopes me,
As the red redemption drains me
I exhale

And in that moment
Hanging between heaven and hell,
One word

Stay.
.kisses.

1 blew.me.a.kiss::::

Eddie August 20, 2009 at 10:12 AM  

I enjoyed reading this. my fav. line was

"And the wings of silver tipped butterflies fill the empty pages
with empty dreams, and breathing lies."

:-)

Post a Comment

please leave me a kiss... short and sweet, passionate, or sloppy. i will return the favor.

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP